Create a gourmet beginning to your low-fat feast with this delicious celeriac and broccoli soup.
The ingredient of Creamy broccoli and celeriac soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 300g celeriac, peeled, finely chopped
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 750ml (3 cups) reduced-fat milk
- 600g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Creamy broccoli and celeriac soup
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and caraway seeds and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until onion is soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add celeriac, stock and milk and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, for 20 minutes or until the celeriac is tender. Add the broccoli and cook, partially covered, for a further 15 minutes or until tender.
- Pour half the mixture into the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with remaining mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Place the soup over low heat and cook for 5 minutes or until just heated through.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls and top with chives. Serve immediately with parmesan.
Nutritions of Creamy broccoli and celeriac soupcalories: 237.327 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 16 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 15 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 688.57 milligrams sodium