You only need a few simple ingredients and half an hour to make this tomato soup with cheesy tortellini.
The ingredient of Tomato & basil soup with tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 800g canned whole tomatoes, roughly chopped, juices reserved
- 2 cups (500ml) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 250g small cheese tortellini, cooked
- 1/3 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Tomato & basil soup with tortellini
- Heat oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, stock and 1 cup (250ml) water. Bring to a boil and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes until tomatoes have broken down and mixture is the consistency of a chunky soup. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Divide tortellini among serving plates and ladle in soup. Top with basil and parmesan. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Tomato & basil soup with tortellinicalories: 248.56 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 27 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 21 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 739.69 milligrams sodium