Get your greens in this vibrant spinach soup.
The ingredient of Spinach and leek soup
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, halved lengthways, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, washed, shredded
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream
The instruction how to make Spinach and leek soup
- Preheat oven to 170u00b0C. Place walnuts onto a baking tray. Cook for 8 minutes or until toasted. Roughly chop.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring, or until soft. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach. Cook for 30 seconds. Remove soup from heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend or process soup, in batches, until almost smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Stir in cream. Heat over low heat until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Sprinkle with walnuts. Serve.
Nutritions of Spinach and leek soupcalories: 136.947 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 6 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 5 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1034.25 milligrams sodium