Add honey to this soup to bring out the sweetness of the carrot and cinnamon.
The ingredient of Moroccan carrot and coriander soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 400g pumpkin, peeled, seeded
- 1 litre (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 250ml PHILADELPHIA Original Cream For Cooking, a cream alternative
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Moroccan carrot and coriander soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minute or until onion softens. Add the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the carrot, pumpkin and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until carrot is very tender. Remove from heat.
- Transfer carrot mixture to the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan and add the honey and two-thirds of the PHILLY. Place over low heat and cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper and extra honey, if desired.
- Ladle among serving bowls. Dollop with remaining PHILLY and top with coriander leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Moroccan carrot and coriander soupcalories: 252.862 calories
calories: 9 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 30 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 66 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1254.59 milligrams sodium