Recreate the fresh flavours of Thai cuisine in this easy lobster rice noodle soup.
The ingredient of Lobster rice-noodle soup
- 1 cooked lobster tail, meat removed, sliced, shell reserved
- 50g dried shrimp (see note)
- 1 lemongrass stem, bruised
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, inner stem removed, finely shredded (see note)
- 3cm piece of ginger, finely grated
- 200g wide rice noodles
- 200ml coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons mirin (see note)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (see note) or brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- 2 long red and 2 long green chillies, seeds removed, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve
- 100g snake beans (see note) or green beans cut into 5cm lengths, blanched
- 1 cup Thai basil (see note) leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Lobster rice-noodle soup
- Place lobster shells, shrimp, lemongrass and kaffir lime in a pan with 1.5L (6 cups) water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Stir in ginger.
- Soak noodles in hot water for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain and divide among 6 serving bowls.
- Strain stock and return to a clean pan over low heat with coconut cream, mirin, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and chilli to heat through. Season to taste.
- Place lobster meat and beans on top of noodles, then ladle over hot stock. Serve with basil, extra chilli and lime.
Nutritions of Lobster rice-noodle soupcalories: