The best part of winter is the hearty food. This broccoli rabe and pasta soup is full of healthy ingredients and very filling too.
The ingredient of Broccoli rabe and pasta soup
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 5 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1 cup (80g) spiral pasta
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
The instruction how to make Broccoli rabe and pasta soup
- Cut the broccoli rabe to separate the leaves from the stems. Finely slice the stems, and shred the leaves. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and stock and bring to boil. Add the pasta and cook for 15 minutes, or until just tender. Add the stems about 3 minutes before the pasta is ready.
- Stir in cannellini beans and shredded leaves and heat until leaves are wilted. Season well with salt and pepper, and serve immediately with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Broccoli rabe and pasta soupcalories: 226.811 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 1270.56 milligrams sodium