A warming and delicious cool weather soup, this hearty celeriac and celery soup will leave you feeling souper!
The ingredient of Cream of celery and celeriac soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, trimmed, washed, chopped
- 1 medium (700g) celeriac bulb, trimmed, peeled, chopped
- 250g coliban potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.5 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3/4 cup pure cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leave
The instruction how to make Cream of celery and celeriac soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until onion starts to soften. Add celery, celeriac, potato and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Increase heat to high. Add stock. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until celery is tender. Remove from heat. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Process soup, in batches, until smooth.
- Return soup to pan over medium heat. Stir in cream. Season with pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve topped with parsley.
Nutritions of Cream of celery and celeriac soupcalories: 335.556 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 48 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1667.84 milligrams sodium