This hearty, healthy rice soup can be enjoyed as a light lunch with crusty bread and shaved parmesan or as a starter for an evening meal.
The ingredient of Broccolini and rice soup
- 20g butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 100g pancetta, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 275g (1 1/4 cups) arborio rice
- 1 bunch (about 240g) broccolini, coarsely chopped
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see note)
- 1 bay leaf
- 30g (1/4 cup) shaved parmesan
- Extra virgin olive oil, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Broccolini and rice soup
- Heat the butter and oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the pancetta is crisp. Add the rice and broccolini, and stir to coat.
- Add the stock and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with parmesan and drizzle over oil. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Broccolini and rice soupcalories: 225.855 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 5.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams protein