Rich and sweet carrot soup makes a great start to any meal.
The ingredient of Carrot and maple syrup soup
- 1kg carrots, sliced 2cm thick
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup, plus extra to drizzle
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock or chicken style liquid stock
- Creme fraiche or sour cream, to serve
- Chopped chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Carrot and maple syrup soup
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C and line a tray with baking paper. Toss carrots, onion, ginger, garlic, olive oil and maple syrup with salt and pepper, then spread on the tray. Roast, turning occasionally, for 30 minutes or until the carrot is softened and just starting to colour.
- Place the carrot mixture and any cooking juices in a pan with the stock. Season, then bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the carrot is very tender. Using a hand blender, slowly puree mixture until smooth. (Alternatively, cool slightly, puree in a blender in batches, then return to the pan and reheat gently.)
- Ladle the soup into bowls, drizzle with extra maple syrup and some creme fraiche, and garnish with chopped chives.
Nutritions of Carrot and maple syrup soupcalories: 184.986 calories
calories: 7 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 23 grams carbohydrates
calories: 22 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 711.02 milligrams sodium