This easy Italian sausage and kale soup is quick to make and very filling. Remember to keep the leftovers for lunch!
The ingredient of Italian sausage and kale soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 400g pork and fennel sausages, casings removed
- 1 brown onion, finelyu00a0chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 baby fennel bulb, finelyu00a0chopped
- 1 stick celery, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre (4 cups) Campbellsu00a0Italian soup base
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 small bunch Tuscan kale, leavesu00a0thinly sliced
- Parmesan toast, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Italian sausage and kale soup
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Addu00a0the sausage meat and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 6 minutes or until browned. Useu00a0au00a0slotted spoon tou00a0transfer tou00a0au00a0bowl. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, fennel, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until softened. Add the soup base and water. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes. Add the lentils and sausage meat. Simmer, covered, for 2u00a0minutes or until warmed through. Add the kale and simmer, covered, for 2u00a0minutes or until just wilted. Serve with parmesan toast, if using.
Nutritions of Italian sausage and kale soupcalories: 513.85 calories
calories: 30 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 29 grams protein