Warm up the middle of the week with a soup which is just brimming with veggies and flavour!
The ingredient of Vegetable, bacon and risoni soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 125g 97% fat-free bacon, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 6 cups Massel beef style liquid stock
- 400g can diced roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup dried risoni pasta
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Vegetable, bacon and risoni soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bacon and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add carrot, parsnip, celery and zucchini. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add stock and tomatoes. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in risoni. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until risoni is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Stir through parsley. Ladle soup into bowls. Serve.
Nutritions of Vegetable, bacon and risoni soupcalories: 219.402 calories
calories: 6.4 grams fat
calories: 1.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 23.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15.9 grams protein
calories: 9 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1577 milligrams sodium