Ladle up a steaming bowl of soup with fresh vegetables and vermicelli noodles.
The ingredient of Asian vegetable and noodle soup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 300g firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 250g pkt rice vermicelli
- 1 bunch green shallots, trimmed, diagonally sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 bunch choy sum, washed, stems cut into 3cm lengths, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into florets, stems cut into 6cm lengths
- Soy sauce, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Asian vegetable and noodle soup
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce and 2 teaspoons of the sesame oil in a medium bowl. Add the tofu and stir gently to coat. Set aside.
- Place the vermicelli in a large heatproof bowl and add enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Drain.
- Meanwhile, reserve 2 tablespoons of the green shallots. Place the remaining green shallots and 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a large saucepan with the garlic and ginger. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add stock, cover and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining peanut oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Drain tofu and add to the pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 2-4 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the choy sum and broccolini to the saucepan with the remaining soy sauce and sesame oil. Cover and return to the boil.
- Rinse the vermicelli under hot running water to heat through. Drain well and place in serving bowls. Ladle the soup over the noodles and top with the tofu. Sprinkle with the reserved green shallots. Serve immediately with the extra soy sauce.
Nutritions of Asian vegetable and noodle soupcalories: 350.374 calories
calories: 21 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 2406.27 milligrams sodium