For budget-friendly comfort food you cant go past this filling pumpkin soup.
The ingredient of Red lentil and pumpkin soup
- Olive oil spray
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm-pieces
- 175g (3/4 cup) red lentils, rinsed
- 1.25L (5 cups) water
- 1 Massel vegetable stock cube
- 90g (1/3 cup) low-fat natural yoghurt
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Red lentil and pumpkin soup
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add the onion and cook, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the pumpkin, lentils, water and stock cube. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 15-20 minutes or until the pumpkin and lentils are soft. Set aside to cool.
- Ladle half the lentil mixture into the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining lentil mixture.
- Place the soup over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with pepper. Ladle among serving bowls. Top with the yoghurt and coriander to serve.
Nutritions of Red lentil and pumpkin soupcalories: 239 calories
calories: 3 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 34 grams carbohydrates
calories: 18 grams protein