Enjoy the earthy flavours of black bean, creamy avocado and crunchy corn chips with a soup served to satisfy - ready in just 30 minutes.
The ingredient of Mexican black bean soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 1 litre Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 425g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 x 175g packet corn chips
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 80g fetta, crumbled (vegetarian fetta, optional)
The instruction how to make Mexican black bean soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add capsicum and onion. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, cumin and chilli. Stir to combine.
- Add stock, tomatoes, corn and beans. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly. Stir in lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve topped with corn chips. Sprinkle with coriander, avocado and fetta.
Nutritions of Mexican black bean soupcalories: 416.338 calories
calories: 21.5 grams fat
calories: 7.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 39.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12.7 grams protein
calories: 13 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1478 milligrams sodium