This cool carrot soup is the perfect start to a summer dinner.
The ingredient of Chilled carrot and ginger soup
- 10g unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 6 large carrots (about 600g), halved lengthways, cut into 1cm pieces
- 3 cups (750ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilled carrot and ginger soup
- Melt the butter with the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onion, ginger and carrot, stirring, for 10 minutes. Add stock and 3 cups (750ml) water.
- Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until carrot softens. Cool slightly, then puree in a blender, in batches, until smooth. Refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, stir in lime juice, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and garnish with coriander sprigs. Serve with lime wedges, and rice cakes spread with avocado if desired.
Nutritions of Chilled carrot and ginger soupcalories: 103.009 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 2 grams protein
calories: 6 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 813.53 milligrams sodium