Kick off your Christmas in July celebrations with this elegant cream of celeriac soup.
The ingredient of Cream of celeriac soup
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 medium (750g) celeriac, peeled, chopped
- 1 large sebago potato, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2/3 cup pure cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Extra-virgin olive oil, to serve
- 1 medium (350g) celeriac, peeled
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
The instruction how to make Cream of celeriac soup
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C/200u00b0C fan-forced. Place garlic on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Combine celeriac, potato, onion, stock and 2 cups cold water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Squeeze garlic flesh into mixture. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, make crisps: Using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, cut celeriac into very thin slices. Heat oil in a large saucepan or wok. Deep-fry celeriac, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to cleaned pan over low heat. Add cream and milk. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives. Drizzle with oil. Serve with crisps.
Nutritions of Cream of celeriac soupcalories: 204.823 calories
calories: 13.2 grams fat
calories: 6.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4.9 grams protein
calories: 24 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 466 milligrams sodium