A perfect winter warmer, create this roasted vegetable and bacon soup when it is cold outside!
The ingredient of Roasted vegetable & bacon soup
- 6 bacon rashers, rind and excess fat trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded
- 2 leeks, pale section only, halved lengthways, sliced
- 700g orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Roasted vegetable & bacon soup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C.
- Place the bacon, capsicums, leeks, sweet potato, garlic and olive oil in a large non-aluminium roasting pan. Gently toss until coated with the oil.
- Bake in preheated oven, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until the sweet potato is golden and tender. Transfer the capsicums to a large plate and cover with plastic wrap. Set the remaining vegetable mixture aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Peel the capsicums and place in the bowl of a food processor. Squeeze the flesh from the garlic cloves into the bowl. Add a quarter of remaining vegetable mixture and 125ml (1/2 cup) of stock, and process until smooth. Transfer the capsicum mixture to a large saucepan. Stir in the remaining vegetable mixture and stock. (To freeze soup, see To Freeze below.)
- Bring to the boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Nutritions of Roasted vegetable & bacon soupcalories: 374.752 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 29 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams sugar
calories: 18 grams protein
calories: 38 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1699.96 milligrams sodium