They say you should eat chicken soup when youre sick. We say eat it any time - its delicious!
The ingredient of Italian chicken noodle soup
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1.6kg whole chicken
- 80g spaghetti, broken
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Italian chicken noodle soup
- Place stock, onion, carrot, celery, garlic, bay leaf and 6 cups water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken, breast-side down. Cover. Simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Carefully transfer chicken to a heatproof bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Strain stock into a large heatproof bowl or jug (see note). Discard solids. Return stock to pan. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Add pasta. Simmer, uncovered, for 8 to 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Meanwhile, once chicken is cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin and bones. Using 2 forks, shred chicken.
- Return chicken to soup. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in lemon juice and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with basil.
Nutritions of Italian chicken noodle soupcalories: 383.117 calories
calories: 16.7 grams fat
calories: 5.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 17.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 40.1 grams protein
calories: 171 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1060 milligrams sodium