If youre sick of the same old pumpkin soup, try this version which one Taste.com.au member called "the best soup Ive ever tasted".
The ingredient of Perfect pumpkin soup
- 1 (about 1kg) butternut pumpkin
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh nutmeg
- 250ml (1 cup) creme fraiche
- 2-3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds (see note), plus extra to serve
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 120ml (6 tablespoons) olive oil
The instruction how to make Perfect pumpkin soup
- To make the pesto, place roasted pumpkin seeds, ginger, garlic, basil and parmesan in a food processor, then whiz to a paste. With the motor running, slowly add the oil until combined. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cut pumpkin in half. Place cut-side down on a lightly oiled baking tray and roast for 45 minutes until soft. Scoop out seeds and discard. Scrape out the flesh and discard the skin. Set flesh aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add onion and carrots and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Add pumpkin, stock, 2 cups water and the spices. Season. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Cool slightly. Blend soup in batches, then return to pan. Stir through creme fraiche and gently reheat. Serve drizzled with the pesto and sprinkled with seeds and pepper.
Nutritions of Perfect pumpkin soupcalories: 512.416 calories
calories: 45 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 13 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 49 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 542.38 milligrams sodium