Chicken soup is the ideal winter warmer.
The ingredient of Lime chicken soup
- 4 cups (1 litre) water or Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 (about 500g) chicken breast fillets
- 1 corn cob, husks and silks removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 green capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, extra
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 100g feta, crumbled
The instruction how to make Lime chicken soup
- Place water and chicken in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove from heat. Drain chicken, reserving cooking liquid. Coarsely shred the chicken and set aside.
- Use a sharp knife to cut kernels from the corn cob. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add corn and capsicum and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until capsicum is tender. Add tomato, cumin and oregano. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tomato softens. Add chicken, stock, lime slices and juice; bring to a simmer. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with coriander, green onions and feta. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Lime chicken soupcalories: 280.108 calories
calories: 11 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 35 grams protein
calories: 90 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 341.94 milligrams sodium