This recipe is a great way to re-use leftover roast lamb.
The ingredient of Hearty lamb and vegetable soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 small turnip, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups shredded Slow-roasted lamb
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Hearty lamb and vegetable soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and turnip. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add lamb, stock, tomatoes and 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season with pepper. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Hearty lamb and vegetable soupcalories: 223.226 calories
calories: 12 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 21 grams protein
calories: 51 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1158.95 milligrams sodium