Welcome the Autumn season with this gluten-free carrot and ginger soup with cornbread.
The ingredient of Carrot and ginger soup with cornbread
- 1 tablespoon Coles Brand pure olive oil
- 1kg carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/3 cup Coles Brand lite sour cream, to serve
- 2 cups polenta
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 75g butter, chilled, diced
- 420g can Coles Brand corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup Coles Brand shredded tasty cheese
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
The instruction how to make Carrot and ginger soup with cornbread
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium. Cook carrots, potatoes, ginger and cumin, stirring, for 1-2 mins, or until fragrant and well-combined. Add 5 cups water. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20-30 mins, or until carrot is tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Sift polenta, rice flour, potato flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Rub in butter until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Add corn and cheese and mix to combine. Add buttermilk and gently mix to combine.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal pieces. Shape each into a round and place on prepared tray. Slash top of each damper and sprinkle over cumin seeds. Bake for 30-35 mins, or until golden and hollow-sounding when tapped.
- Using a hand blender, blend carrot soup until smooth. Ladle into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream and black pepper. Serve with damper.
Nutritions of Carrot and ginger soup with cornbreadcalories: