Batch cooking saves you time and money. Minimise hassle with this pork and bean soup recipe.
The ingredient of Pork sausage and bean soup
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 (900g) pork and fennel sausages
- 4 leeks, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 5 celery stalks, sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 5 x 420g cans four bean mix, drained, rinsed
- 2 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500g frozen peas
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Pork sausage and bean soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large 12-litre capacity stockpot over medium-high heat. Cook sausages in 2 batches, turning, for 10 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Slice. Discard oil from pot. Wipe pot clean.
- Heat remaining oil in pot over medium heat. Add leek, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Add tomatoes, beans, stock, sausage and 2 litres cold water. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes, adding peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Dollop with pesto and serve topped with parmesan.
Nutritions of Pork sausage and bean soupcalories: 336.273 calories
calories: 17.1 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 21.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 19.9 grams protein
calories: 33 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1075 milligrams sodium