Start off your gourmet dinner party with this elegant soup of creamy celeriac, sweet pear and vibrant blue cheese.
The ingredient of Celeriac, pear and blue cheese soup
- 40g butter
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 large (about 750g) celeriac, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 ripe beurre bosc pears, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 2L (8 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 125g blue cheese (King Island Roaring Forties brand), crumbled
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Celeriac, pear and blue cheese soup
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add onion, garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add the celeriac and pear and cook for 5 minutes or until light golden. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until celeriac is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add cheese and stir to combine. Place half the celeriac mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining celeriac mixture. Place over low heat and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup among serving mugs or bowls. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and season with pepper to serve.
Nutritions of Celeriac, pear and blue cheese soupcalories: