Add this classic soup to your recipe book - it is sure to be a family favourite.
The ingredient of Green split pea and bacon soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/4 cups dried green split peas, rinsed
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 125g rashers shortcut bacon, rind removed
- Smoked paprika, to serve
- Bread rolls, to serve
The instruction how to make Green split pea and bacon soup
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Add peas. Stir to coat. Add stock and 2 cups cold water.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes or until peas are tender. Remove from heat. Process half the mixture until smooth. Return to pan. Stir in lemon juice. Cook for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, turning, for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Break into pieces. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with bacon and paprika. Serve with rolls.
Nutritions of Green split pea and bacon soupcalories: 258.598 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 3 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 19 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 875.88 milligrams sodium