This beautiful summer soup is just perfect for the festive season.
The ingredient of Chilled cucumber soup with garlic prawns
- 2 1/2 telegraph cucumbers, peeled
- 300ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 75ml creme fraiche
- 300ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2-3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 400g medium green prawns, peeled, tails on
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
The instruction how to make Chilled cucumber soup with garlic prawns
- Cut two cucumbers in half and scrape out and discard the seeds. Roughly chop the flesh and place in a processor with the yoghurt, creme fraiche, stock, Tabasco, salt and herbs. Process to combine. Place in a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Use a vegetable peeler to cut long strips from the remaining cucumber. Set aside.
- To make the garlic prawns, heat oil in a pan on medium-high heat. Add prawns, garlic and chilli and cook until the prawns are just cooked through. Season and toss in the parsley.
- Place a pile of garlic prawns in each bowl, spoon around the soup and garnish with cucumber. Season with pepper.
Nutritions of Chilled cucumber soup with garlic prawnscalories: 384.312 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams sugar
calories: 20 grams protein
calories: 135 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1201.72 milligrams sodium