Pot luck? Not so here - this is guaranteed to thrill, warm and delight!
The ingredient of Ham, white bean and pasta soup
- 30g butter
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg ham hock
- 400g sebago potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup dried macaroni pasta
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
The instruction how to make Ham, white bean and pasta soup
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leek and carrot. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add ham and 8 cups cold water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until ham is tender and falling off the bone. Add potato. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is just tender. Remove ham. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes. Remove and discard bones and rind. Shred ham.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
- Add shredded ham, beans and pasta to soup mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
Nutritions of Ham, white bean and pasta soupcalories: 467.245 calories
calories: 19.5 grams fat
calories: 8.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 42.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 26.2 grams protein
calories: 24 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1655 milligrams sodium