This hearty Spanish-style soup combines spicy chorizo with beautiful fresh seafood.
The ingredient of Spanish-style chorizo and pipi soup
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 leek (pale part only), halved lengthways, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 110g chorizo, halved lengthways, sliced
- 330ml bottle apple cider
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or good-quality fish stock
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1kg fresh pipis (see note) or clams (vongole)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pure (thin) cream
- 1/2 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 baguette, sliced and toasted
The instruction how to make Spanish-style chorizo and pipi soup
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek and cook, stirring, for 5-6 minutes until softened. Add garlic and chorizo, and cook, stirring occasionally, for a further 2-3 minutes until fragrant. Add the cider, beans and fish stock, then bring to a simmer.
- Dissolve the flour in 1/3 cup (80ml) hot water and add to the pan, stirring to combine. Add the pipis to the pan and cook, covered, for 2-3 minutes until they open. Add the cream, season and stir until combined. Remove from heat and divide among bowls. Scatter with chives and serve with toasted baguette.
Nutritions of Spanish-style chorizo and pipi soupcalories: