This aromatic Asian duck broth packs a punch of flavour and looks beautiful too.
The ingredient of Roast duck and chrysanthemum noodle soup
- 500g fresh lei mein noodles (see notes)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 10g ginger, finely shredded
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 bunch chrysanthemum leaf, trimmed
- 1/2 Chinese roast duck, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (110g) bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons chilli bean sauce, to serve
The instruction how to make Roast duck and chrysanthemum noodle soup
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 10 seconds or until garlic just begins to colour. Add chicken stock and soy sauce and bring to the boil. Add chrysanthemum leaves and cook for 30 seconds or until leaves wilt. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper and remove from heat.
- Divide noodles and chrysanthemum leaf among serving bowls. Top with sliced roast duck, bean sprouts and green onions. Ladle hot stock over and top with Guilin chilli sauce.
Nutritions of Roast duck and chrysanthemum noodle soupcalories: 420.64 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 38 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 34 grams protein
calories: 134 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2096.45 milligrams sodium