Dip some cheese and mint naan into this spicy parsnip soup for the ultimate taste experience.
The ingredient of Spicy parsnip soup with cheese naan
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons korma curry paste
- 1 Massel vegetable stock cube
- 1.25L (6 cups) water
- 1kg parsnips, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 90g (1/3 cup) Tamar Valley Greek Style Yoghurt
- 1/2 small Lebanese cucumber, finely chopped
- Cumin seeds, to serve
- 1 x 250 ctn cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1 x 200g pkt plain mini naan breads, halved, split
The instruction how to make Spicy parsnip soup with cheese naan
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the onion softens. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the stock cube and water to the pan. Cover and bring to the boil. Add the parsnip. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes or until the parsnip is tender. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, to make the cheese naan, preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Combine the cottage cheese and mint in a bowl. Spread a little of the cottage cheese mixture over 1 piece of naan bread, cut-side up. Top with another piece of naan bread and place on a baking tray. Repeat with remaining naan bread and cottage cheese mixture. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Pour half the parsnip mixture into the jug of a blender and blend until almost smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining parsnip mixture. Place the parsnip mixture over low heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Top with yoghurt, cucumber and cumin seeds. Serve with the cheese naan.
Nutritions of Spicy parsnip soup with cheese naancalories: 478.239 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 54 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24 grams sugar
calories: 20 grams protein
calories: 25 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 687.17 milligrams sodium