Warm up from the inside out with this delicious tomato soup.
The ingredient of Tomato & bread soup with anchovy olives
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 400g cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/3 450g loaf day-old continental crusty bread, crusts removed, cut into 1cm pieces
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated grana padano cheese
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh continental parsley
- 6 anchovy-stuffed green olives, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Tomato & bread soup with anchovy olives
- Place the onion, garlic and 80ml (1/3 cup) of the stock in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add the tomatoes and remaining stock, and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the bread and season with salt and pepper. Cook gently over low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, to make the topping, combine the cheese, parsley and olives in a small bowl.
- To serve, ladle the soup into serving bowls and sprinkle with the topping. Drizzle with the oil and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Tomato & bread soup with anchovy olivescalories: 219.88 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 28 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams protein