The ingredient of Roasted sweet potato & garlic soup
- 1.25kg orange sweet potato (kumara), peeled, cut into 3cm-thick slices
- 4 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 20g (1 tablespoon) butter
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 red onion, extra, thinly sliced into rings
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Roasted sweet potato & garlic soup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the sweet potato and garlic cloves on the lined tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and toss to coat. Roast in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender but not browned.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the chopped onion and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft (dont allow it to brown). Add the stock and nutmeg, and slowly bring to the boil over medium-low heat.
- Remove and discard the skin from the roasted garlic and roughly chop the roasted sweet potato. Add the garlic and sweet potato to the stock mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium-low heat. Add the extra onion rings and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the onion is crisp and lightly browned. Transfer the onion rings to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Transfer a third of the soup to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a large, clean saucepan. Repeat with the remaining soup in 2 more batches.
- Add the milk to the soup and cook over low heat, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into serving bowls, top with the onion rings and sprinkle with a little more pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Roasted sweet potato & garlic soupcalories: 417.294 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 52 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 20 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1110.89 milligrams sodium