Warm up this winter with this souper Greek-inspired chicken meatball and lemon soup.
The ingredient of Greek chicken meatball and lemon soup
- 3 Coles Brand Australian free range eggs
- 500g Coles RSPCA approved chicken mince
- 1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (50g) dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1L) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 75g spaghetti, broken into 5cm lengths
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Greek chicken meatball and lemon soup
- Lightly whisk 1 egg in a large bowl. Add mince, oregano, parsley, spring onion and breadcrumbs and mix well to combine. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on a plate.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook the meatballs for 5 mins, turning occasionally, until browned all over. Transfer the cooked meatballs to a clean plate.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Pour in the stock.
- Add the meatballs and spaghetti to the stock mixture in the saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 mins or until the meatballs are cooked through and spaghetti is al dente.
- Whisk the lemon juice and remaining eggs in a medium bowl until well combined. Whisk 1 cup of the hot soup into the egg mixture. Gently stir the egg mixture into the soup until combined. Stir over low heat for 2 mins or until the soup thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Divide among serving bowls. Serve with parsley leaves and lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Greek chicken meatball and lemon soupcalories: 470.83 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 44 grams protein