Take classic cauliflower soup to the next level by adding sweet potato, bacon and chilli.
The ingredient of Creamy cauliflower and sweet potato soup
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 1kg cauliflower, stem and florets chopped
- 800g orange sweet potato, chopped
- 1 large sebago potato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup pure cream, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Dried chilli flakes (optional), to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy cauliflower and sweet potato soup
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add cauliflower and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables just start to soften. Add garlic and thyme. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 40 minutes or until vegetables are very tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- Remove soup from heat. Discard thyme. Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Stir in cream. Serve drizzled with extra cream, sprinkled with bacon, cheddar, chives and chilli flakes, if using, and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Creamy cauliflower and sweet potato soupcalories: 636.935 calories
calories: 32.7 grams fat
calories: 14.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 56.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 23.8 grams protein
calories: 62 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1626 milligrams sodium