Sweet baby roma tomatoes add authentic flavour to this rustic soup.
The ingredient of Italian prawn soup with kale gremolata
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, finely chopped, fronds reserved
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 185ml (3/4 cup) white wine
- 500ml (2 cups) fish stock
- 400g can baby roma tomatoes
- 400g peeled green prawns, tails intact
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 25g baby kale leaves
- Baguette, chargrilled, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Italian prawn soup with kale gremolata
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, fennel, celery and carrot. Season and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes or until softened. Add the chilli and 2 of the garlic cloves and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the wine and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the fish stock and tomato and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add the prawns and beans. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through. Stir in 2 tbs of the lemon juice. Season.
- Finely chop the parsley, kale and reserved fennel fronds and place in a bowl. Add the lemon zest and remaining garlic to the kale mixture and mix to combine. Sprinkle over the soup and serve with chargrilled bread, if using.
Nutritions of Italian prawn soup with kale gremolatacalories: 265.768 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 15 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28 grams protein