A soup is a simple way to liven up the week. This ones hearty and full of parsnips and aromatic spices.
The ingredient of Curried parsnip soup with onion naan
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 large (about 750g) parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 400ml can coconut cream
- 4 small naan bread*
- 125g grated cheddar
- Garam masala*, to garnish (optional)
The instruction how to make Curried parsnip soup with onion naan
- Chop 1 onion. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add chopped onion and cook until softened. Add garlic and ginger, turn heat to low and cook 1 minute further. Add parsnips and curry, and cook, stirring, for a few minutes. Add stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then liquidise in a blender until smooth. Return to pan and stir in coconut cream over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice remaining onion very finely. Place naan on a baking tray, cover with sliced onion, then sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Divide soup between bowls, sprinkle with garam masala and serve with onion naan.
Nutritions of Curried parsnip soup with onion naancalories: 652.231 calories
calories: 40 grams fat
calories: 27 grams saturated fat
calories: 48 grams carbohydrates
calories: 21 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 30 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1328 milligrams sodium