Clear out your crisper with this super-easy soup which makes the most of leftover veg.
The ingredient of Super-easy Mexican vegetable soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli
- 5 cups chopped vegetables (see note)
- 5 cups Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Grilled flour tortillas, to serve
The instruction how to make Super-easy Mexican vegetable soup
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and spices. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add chopped vegetables. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, to coat.
- Add stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add beans and corn.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with coriander. Serve with lime and tortillas.
Nutritions of Super-easy Mexican vegetable soupcalories: 465.572 calories
calories: 10.2 grams fat
calories: 2.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 71.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14.8 grams protein
calories: 2141 milligrams sodium