This mushroom soup is a perfect dish for those cold, winter days. Before you serve it up, be sure to fill your own bowl so you dont miss out!
The ingredient of Cream of mushroom soup with tarragon oil
- 40g butter
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms, chopped
- 2 medium cream delight potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, plus extra chopped leaves to serve
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup pure cream
- 50g button mushrooms, sliced, extra
- 50g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced, extra
The instruction how to make Cream of mushroom soup with tarragon oil
- Melt 1/2 the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender. Add potato, stock and 1 cup of water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potato is tender. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place tarragon leaves and oil in a small jug. Using a stick blender, blend until almost smooth. Push mixture through a fine sieve over a small bowl. Discard solids.
- Using a stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Add cream. Place over low heat. Stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add extra mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Ladle soup among bowls. Top with fried mushrooms and extra chopped tarragon. Drizzle with tarragon oil. Serve.
Nutritions of Cream of mushroom soup with tarragon oilcalories: 441.433 calories
calories: 41.8 grams fat
calories: 19.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 9.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.5 grams protein
calories: 62 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 995 milligrams sodium