Comfort food doesnt mean hours in the kitchen. Our speedy cauliflower soup will instantly warm you up.
The ingredient of Cauliflower & parmesan soup with crispy bacon
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes (about 400g), chopped
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 large (about 1kg) cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 3 bacon rashers, chopped
- 4 bread rolls
- Grated nutmeg, to serve
- Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
The instruction how to make Cauliflower & parmesan soup with crispy bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Line 2 baking trays with foil.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, onion and garlic, then cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the potato, chicken stock, bay leaf and three-quarters of the cauliflower, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Stir through the cream and 1/2 cup (40g) parmesan. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon and remaining cauliflower on one of the lined baking trays. Season with pepper, then drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons parmesan. Roast for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Put the bread rolls on a separate tray, sprinkle with remaining 1/3 cup (25g) parmesan and bake for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Divide soup among 4 bowls, then top with crispy cauliflower and bacon. Sprinkle with nutmeg and parsley, drizzle with oil and serve with bread rolls.
Nutritions of Cauliflower & parmesan soup with crispy baconcalories: 807.581 calories
calories: 48 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 58 grams carbohydrates
calories: 11 grams sugar
calories: 32 grams protein
calories: 74 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2790.62 milligrams sodium