Follow our lead and well have you plating up this vibrant lentil and pea soup in half an hour.
The ingredient of Pea and lentil soup with cheese fritters
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 small carrots
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, plus extra, to shallow-fry
- 200g (1 cup) French-style green lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 75g parmesan
- 200g fresh ricotta
- 1 egg yolk
- 35g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g frozen peas
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 1 lemon
The instruction how to make Pea and lentil soup with cheese fritters
- Peel onion and garlic, roughly chop with carrots, then place in a food processor. Using the pulse button, process until finely chopped.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot mixture and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add lentils, bay leaf and 1.25L water, and bring to a simmer. Cook, skimming scum from surface, for 17 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, to make fritters, finely grate parmesan into a bowl. Add ricotta and egg yolk. Sift over flour with baking powder, then stir to combine. Fill a large frying pan 1cm deep with oil and heat over medium heat. Shape heaped teaspoons of cheese mixture into 4cm patties. Working in 2 batches, fry for 1 minute each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- Stir peas into soup, then cook for 3 minutes or until warmed through. Tear leaves from mint, roughly chop, then stir into soup. Zest lemon into soup.
- Divide soup among bowls and top with cheese fritters to serve.
Nutritions of Pea and lentil soup with cheese fritterscalories: 329.581 calories
calories: 17 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 21 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4 grams sugar
calories: 19 grams protein
calories: 352.63 milligrams sodium