Warm your belly with this hearty winter vegetable soup.
The ingredient of Winter vegetable soup with chive pesto
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced crossways
- 1 carrot, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced crossways
- 1 swede, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced crossways
- 1 parsnip, peeled, halved lengthways, sliced crossways
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 1 bunch chives, coarsely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 40g (1/4 cup) pre-grated parmesan or vegetarian hard cheese
- 30g (1/4 cup) almond meal
- 1 loaf pastadura bread, sliced crossways, to serve
The instruction how to make Winter vegetable soup with chive pesto
- Combine fennel, carrot, swede, parsnip and stock in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, place the chives, olive oil, parmesan and almond meal in the bowl of a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls and top with a dollop of chive pesto. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Winter vegetable soup with chive pestocalories: 272.46 calories
calories: 22 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 12 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6.5 grams protein