Pan-frying the tofu gives it a delicious lightly caramelised flavour and a slight crispness to this healthy soup.
The ingredient of Miso, kale and crispy tofu soup
- 1/3 cup white miso paste (see Notes)
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 4 stalks kale
- 150g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2cm lengths
- 2 x 200g packets udon noodles
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 200g packet Japanese marinated tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
The instruction how to make Miso, kale and crispy tofu soup
- Pour 1.5 litres cold water into a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add miso. Cook, stirring, until miso is dissolved. Add ginger. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove and discard stems from kale. Add kale, beans and noodles to soup. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until kale is tender and noodles are heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook tofu, turning, for 5 minutes or until browned and heated through.
- Serve soup topped with tofu.
Nutritions of Miso, kale and crispy tofu soupcalories: 274.133 calories
calories: 9.5 grams fat
calories: 1.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 32.9 grams carbohydrates
calories: 16.3 grams protein
calories: 1190 milligrams sodium