This budget-friendly soup is warm and hearty for cold winter nights.
The ingredient of Zuppa povera (poor mans soup)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 fennel bulbs, sliced, fronds reserved
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 8 slices woodfired bread
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Zuppa povera (poor mans soup)
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the sliced fennel (not the fronds) and fry 5-10 minutes until fennel begins to turn golden. Add the stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the bread on both sides with remaining olive oil, place on a tray and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Top with the grated parmesan and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until melted. Finely chop the reserved fennel fronds and add to the soup, stir to combine. Divide the soup between four bowls and serve with the parmesan toasts.
Nutritions of Zuppa povera (poor mans soup)calories: 368.777 calories
calories: 19 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 32 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 12 grams protein
calories: 9 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1468.89 milligrams sodium