Re-invent leftover lamb shanks in this quick and hearty winter soup.
The ingredient of Italian lamb, bean and silverbeet soup
- 2 cooked lamb shanks
- 400g can borlotti beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 litre Massel beef style liquid stock
- 1 cup finely shredded silverbeet leaves
- 2/3 cup chargrilled capsicum strips
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil leaves
The instruction how to make Italian lamb, bean and silverbeet soup
- Remove meat from shanks and discard bones. Shred lamb. Combine lamb, beans, stock and 2 cups cold water in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Using a large metal spoon, skim any foam that forms on surface.
- Add silverbeet and capsicum. Cook for 1 minute or until just wilted.
- Serve soup topped with basil.
Nutritions of Italian lamb, bean and silverbeet soupcalories: 267.441 calories
calories: 8.8 grams fat
calories: 3.4 grams saturated fat
calories: 15.3 grams carbohydrates
calories: 27 grams protein
calories: 54 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1270 milligrams sodium