Bacon bits and golden fried breadcrumbs add crunch and flavour to this creamy cauliflower soup.
The ingredient of Cauliflower soup with crunchy bacon breadcrumbs
- 40g butter
- 2 brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup pure cream
- 2 rashers middle bacon, rind removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
The instruction how to make Cauliflower soup with crunchy bacon breadcrumbs
- Melt butter in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add cauliflower. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add stock. Bring to the boil. Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Set aside, uncovered, to cool slightly.
- Blend cauliflower mixture, in batches, until smooth. Return to cleaned pan over low heat. Season with pepper. Stir in cream. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add breadcrumbs and garlic. Cook, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until light golden. Remove from heat. Stir in bacon.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Serve sprinkled with breadcrumb mixture.
Nutritions of Cauliflower soup with crunchy bacon breadcrumbscalories: 220.358 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 11 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 28 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1303.98 milligrams sodium