Classic pea and ham soup is a great way warm yourself up over the cooler months.
The ingredient of Slow-cooker pea and ham soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 300g sebago potatoes, peeled, diced
- 650g ham hock
- 1 cup green split peas, washed, rinsed
- 3 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 dried bay leaf
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Slow-cooker pea and ham soup
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic, celery and potatoes. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Transfer to bowl of slow cooker.
- Add ham hock, peas, stock, bay leaf and 1 litre cold water. Season with pepper. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove hock from soup. Remove and discard rind and bone. Shred ham. Return ham to soup. Cook on low for 1 hour or until ham and peas are tender. Serve with parsley and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Slow-cooker pea and ham soupcalories: 548.744 calories
calories: 16.2 grams fat
calories: 4.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 64.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 32.1 grams protein
calories: 35 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1657 milligrams sodium