Warm up from the inside out with this creamy leek and potato soup topped with sour cream, chives and crispy bacon bits.
The ingredient of Creamy leek, potato and bacon soup
- 20g butter
- 1 leek, pale section only, halved, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, coarsely chopped
- 2 large potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 5 cups (1.25L) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened light cream
- 200g pkt Primo Real Diced Bacon
- Sour cream, to serve
- Chopped fresh chives, to serve
- Toasted Turkish bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy leek, potato and bacon soup
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, onion, celery and potato. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the stock and cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 25 mins or until soft. Set aside for 10 mins to cool. Use a stick blender to carefully blend soup until smooth.
- Meanwhile, cook the Primo Real Diced Bacon in a medium frying pan over medium heat for 5 mins or until crisp and browned. Stir one-third of the bacon into the blended soup. Ladle into bowls and top with sour cream, chives and remaining bacon. Serve with toast.
Nutritions of Creamy leek, potato and bacon soupcalories: