Delight in the beautiful flavour of saffron and orange in this gourmet fish soup.
The ingredient of Fish soup with orange, saffron and dill
- 60ml (1/4 cup) hot water
- Large pinch of saffron threads
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, pale section only, thinly sliced, washed
- 1.25L (5 cups) fish stock
- 600ml fresh orange juice, strained
- 55g (1/4 cup) arborio rice
- 700g roma tomatoes, peeled, deseeded, finely chopped
- 500g ocean trout or salmon fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Fish soup with orange, saffron and dill
- Place the water and saffron in a small bowl. Set aside for 1 hour or until the water turns deep yellow.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic and leek. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until leek is soft.
- Add the stock, orange juice, rice and saffron mixture. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, for 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the tomato. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper. (To freeze, see tip below.)
- Add the trout or salmon and cook, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until the fish is just cooked through. Stir in the dill. Divide among serving bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Fish soup with orange, saffron and dillcalories: 310.7 calories
calories: 14 grams fat
calories: 2.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 22 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams protein