This vegetarian-friendly meal combines tasty noodles with crisp tempura.
The ingredient of Udon noodle soup with eggplant tempura
- 270g pkt Hakubaku Organic Udon Noodles
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 1L (4 cups) water
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 80ml (1/3 cup) light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin seasoning
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/2 x 425g can baby corn, drained, halved lengthways
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 125ml (1/2 cup) iced water
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 1/2 (about 180g) eggplant, halved lengthways, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- Long fresh red chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
The instruction how to make Udon noodle soup with eggplant tempura
- Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold running water. Divide among 4 large bowls. Top with spinach.
- Meanwhile, bring the water, stock, soy sauce, mirin and sugar to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the corn and simmer for 1 minute. Cover and keep warm.
- Place flour, egg and water in a bowl. Mix until just combined. Do not over-mix. It should look lumpy.
- Pour oil into a wok to reach a depth of 5cm. Heat until 170C over medium-high heat (when the oil is ready, a cube of bread turns golden in 20 seconds). Dip the eggplant into the batter to coat. Deep-fry the eggplant, in 2 batches, for 2 minutes or until crisp and cooked through.
- Ladle the stock mixture among the bowls. Top with the eggplant tempura and sprinkle with the chilli.
Nutritions of Udon noodle soup with eggplant tempuracalories: