Delicious pieces of salty bacon add a meaty touch to this hearty cauliflower and potato soup.
The ingredient of Creamy cauliflower and potato soup with bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250g 97% fat-free bacon, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 leeks, halved, washed, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cauliflower, trimmed, cut into small florets
- 500g Sebago potatoes or Desiree potatoes, peeled, diced
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 cup light thickened cream
- Toasted wholegrain bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy cauliflower and potato soup with bacon
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until crisp. Remove to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add remaining 2 teaspoons oil, garlic and leek to pan. Cook, stirring often, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower, potato and stock. Partially cover. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in half the bacon.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to saucepan over low heat. Stir in cream. Heat, without boiling, until hot. Ladle into bowls. Top with remaining bacon. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve with toast.
Nutritions of Creamy cauliflower and potato soup with baconcalories: 303.53 calories
calories: 10.7 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 26.4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 25 grams protein
calories: 37 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2042 milligrams sodium